Skip to Main Content

Who Brought the POWER in November (2019)?

Back To Blog
Nov 21, 2019
Carey Rivard in front of chalk PowerRyde logo

Carey Rivard

Carey started ryding with us in the beginning of this year. Since then she has completed just under 100 classes; amazing! What I love most about Carey's Power Ryde story, as you will read below, is that she admittedly HATED her first ryde. This is not uncommon because our bikes are different; the side-to-side tilt and full-body workout is not easy at first. It can be hard and overwhelming. BUT Carey did not give up. The frustration motivated her to come back and try again. Like many of those who come back for their second and third class, she fell in love with the bikes, the workout, and most importantly, the Power Ryde community.

Since her first ryde, Carey has referred several family members and friends. You will frequently see her ryding with her daughter, Emily. Carey also recently finished our Power 30 Program (which Emily did with her at home). We love a mother-daughter team that works out together, eats healthy together, and keeps one another accountable and on track!

Way to go Carey! I know I speak for all the Power Ryde instructors when I say, we LOVE having you in our class; your energy and hard work is contagious!

What brought you to Power Ryde?

I was enjoying New Year's Day at Streetside Brewery and Beth Farr said she wanted to try Power Ryde and I told her I would join her.

Do you remember your first ryde and how you felt after?

I HATED my first ryde because I was out of shape. It made me want to try harder!

What has kept you coming back for more week after week?

The enthusiasm and positive attitudes of everyone around me.

Do you have a favorite moment that you remember at Power Ryde?

The first time I was able to make it through an entire class doing what the instructor was doing (and not sitting).

What is your favorite music to ryde to?

Anything with a great beat...Lizzo or Bruno Mars!

Tell us a fun fact about your yourself.

I enjoy cooking/baking - it relaxes me.

What motivates you?

Being healthy for myself and my family.

When you are not Power Ryding, what can we find you doing?

Hanging with my family!

Copied!
^TOP
close
ModalContent
loading gif