Skip to Main Content

Who Brought the POWER in March (2016)?

Polaroid style picture of Kim Emery with 'Who Brought the POWER in 'March'?

Kevin and Linda Riley

This month, for the very first time, we spotlight a power [ryding] couple, Kevin and Linda Riley. Both Kevin and Linda have been coming to Power Ryde for well over a year. Sometimes they ryde together and sometimes they ryde separately, but as you will read below, they actually enjoy having a workout, like Power Ryde, that they can do together. I only mention this because I can't tell you how many people say they don't want to workout with their spouse! As you will see, Kevin and Linda love it...and it adds a bit of friendly (or maybe I should say spousal) competition! Do I dare reveal how many classes they've each attended? This might start a Power Ryding war! Anyways, keep reading to learn what brought the Rileys to Power Ryde, what they enjoy most about Power Ryde classes, and some fun facts about the two of them (as told by their spouse!).

What brought you to Power Ryde?

Kevin - My lovely wife (kicking & screaming).

Linda - I love spinning and this is so much more fun!...And more challenging.

Do you remember your first ryde? How did you feel? What kept you coming back for more?

Kevin - Sick, ill, like dying; I figured the next time couldn't be any harder and I was right, it wasn't. 

Linda - The first few times were hard and awkward, but once I got into it, I loved it and haven't stopped.

Why do you ryde at Power Ryde?

Kevin - It's something to share with Linda and a great workout. I sweat my a** off, so it always feels like I accomplished something.

Linda - It's fun, convenient, and a great workout! I like that the workout is always changing. I really love the atmosphere that Meg and Casey have created. I love Amy's music and Erinn always does or says something in her class to make me laugh out loud!

What did you do for fitness prior to Power Ryde?

Kevin - Not much! Mainly running. 

Linda - I used to run a lot, but I just can't do it/don't enjoy it any more. I switched to spinning because it gave me the same great feeling as a good run. With Power Ryde, the workout is even better.

What goals has Power Ryde helped you achieve?

Kevin - Better balance and weight loss. 

Linda - Mainly consistency. I really enjoy it and I don't ever feel like I need someone to do it with me (like I did with running). That said, it is really fun for Kevin and I to have a fun workout to do together.

What goals are you hoping to achieve in 2015?

Kevin - More weight loss!

Linda - Continue with Power Ryde and add more strength training to my workouts.

Do you have a favorite moment that you remember at Power Ryde?

Kevin - Being the only male in the class and mis-hearing Casey say, "I'm gonna male him spill a lung," when she really said, "I'm going to make KIM spill a lung." I was indeed scared - Casey's workouts are hard enough!

Linda - My most embarrassing moment would be when Casey called me out for requesting a Justin Bieber song!

What is your favorite music to ryde to?

Kevin - General pop with a mix of old school rock. No "techno" music, thanks. 

Linda - I love anything cheesy - mostly stuff from the 80s and 90s; anything I can sing along to.

Tell us a fun fact about your spouse.

Kevin - Linda loves the cheesiest music and TV! I am thankful the Bachelor has ended.  

Linda - 9 out of 10 times, if I am loving a song then he is hating it! (Based on Kevin's answer above, I am pretty sure this also applies to the TV shows that Linda watches!)

What motivates you?

Kevin - Getting a great sweat and the feeling of a really good workout.

Linda - Feeling strong and sweaty after a great class.

When you are not Power Ryding, what can we find you doing?

Kevin - Sadly working, otherwise enjoying everything possible with my family.

Linda - Spending time as a family, especially hiking at CNC with our two kids and our dog.

Copied!
^TOP
close
ModalContent
loading gif