Skip to Main Content

Who Brought the POWER in February (2019)?

Back To Blog
Feb 21, 2019
Steve and Stacy Loreks

The Loreks!

February makes us think of Heart Month, Valentines Day, love, etc. So we thought, why not spotlight one of our Power Ryding couples?!

Steve and Stacy Lorek have been ryding with us since the very beginning of Power Ryde. Stacy started ryding in December of 2013 and Steve started just a month later, in January of 2014; amazing! They used to ryde separately, due to young kids, but now that their three boys are growing up, they have more time and freedom to come ryde together, and we love this! 

Between the two of them, they have over 550 rydes; although one of them has ridden twice as many times as the other one. Can you guess who? Because we aren't telling! Regardless, they both come ready to work hard every...single...class!

Their energy on and off the bike is contagious. Steve can always be found doing a circuit of burpees, push-ups, and planks as a pre-class warm up. Stacy is known for her hooting, hollering, cheering, and encouraging during class; calling out ryders by their first name and inspiring them to push harder. Keep reading below to learn more about Steve and Stacy, why they ryde, and what they love most about coming to class together!

What brought you to Power Ryde? Do you remember your first ryde and how you felt after? What made you come back for more?

Stacy - I wanted to get back in shape after having my third child. I had spun and swam through my third pregnancy so I felt like I could bounce back better than my previous ones but I remember being shocked at how fatigued my quads were after the first few rydes. I realized quickly that I got a lot more "bang for my buck" on the RealRyder bikes vs. the stationary spin ones.

Steve - Stacy suggested I try Power Ryde since it was good for cross-training and close to the house. After the first few classes, I remember feeling extremely uncoordinated but was starting to get the hang of it. I felt great and was hooked. I'm usually an early morning ryder, sneaking in at the last moment, and appreciate just getting a workout in. It truly has been a great cross-training exercise with the instructors and classes so unique and enjoyable.  

What is your favorite thing about ryding with your spouse?

Stacy - Giving my husband grief during isolations - "No bouncing, Steve!!!" (the first time I heard Stacy say {yell} this to Steve, I CRACKED UP!)

Steve - There is a certain peace to being away from the chaos for a short time and doing something that I enjoy with Stacy...and 20+ of our Power Ryde friends.  

Do you have a favorite moment that you remember at Power Ryde?

Stacy - I remember one time I didn't sign-up online and when I checked-in it was a full-class +1 (that'd be me). Casey had me on the instructor bike ready to start the class and at the very last second there was a no-show so I didn't have ryde front & center!! 

Steve - One of my early classes I remember sneaking in late (surprise!) and I was the only ryder there at the Branch Hill location. Thank you Erin Lawry for still having the class. ...Close alternate memories: No Fan Fridays, Jumps with George, and Theme Rydes.       

What are your goals for 2019?

Stacy - I would like to do a sprint triathlon with Steve. He does the Mason one every year and always wants me to join him....isn't he so inclusive?!? LOL!

Steve - More family adventures, Flying Pig half/full, Sprint Triathlon with Stacy, possible Olympic Triathlon, and my first Bourbon Chase.  AMAZING GOALS!!

What is your favorite music to ryde to?

Stacy - Anything with a great beat that matches what the instructor is having us do....slow, solid beat for hill climbs and fast, catchy tunes for sprints. I LOVE to encourage other ryders and just get in my zone - hat on, eyes shut, and pedal to the medal...whoop - whoop!!

Steve - Anything with a good beat, although 80s/90s remixes make the wheels spin too.

Tell us a funny story about the two of you (or about your spouse!).

Stacy - Steve and I met while at Purdue....I knew he'd be a great catch since I would see him at church. Fast forward 20 years and here we are tag-teaming raising 3 boys, enjoying a great dog, and reminding ourselves of our blessings even on those tough days!

Steve - We have shared a lot of great memories over the years from Purdue through Florida and back to the Midwest. I may be one of the only spouses that was ever fired as a golf caddie mid-round by their future wife. It's a long story you'll have to ask us sometime. Now the boys and dog keep us laughing daily.  This is great!

Way to go Loreks; we love having both of you as part of our Power Ryde family!!

Copied!
^TOP
close
ModalContent
loading gif