Skip to Main Content

Who Brought the POWER in December (2018)?

Back To Blog
Dec 28, 2018
Katy Lonneman in front of PowerRyde logo

Katy Lonneman

Katy has been ryding with us for almost 4 years and in that time she has completed almost 400 classes; amazing! In that time she has also moved out of Loveland, yet still drives 20 minutes, sometimes at 5:30am, to ryde with us; this is what we call love and dedication. Also impressive, is the fact that Katy has become a half-marathon runner since starting Power Ryde; there are few things we love more than ryders who run and runners who ryde! It is safe to say Katy is dedicated and driven and the perfect Student of the Month to motivate us all as we enter 2019!

Do you remember your first ryde and how you felt after?

Yes, I remember my first ride. I met Meg at a party and she told me about Power Ryde and I knew instantly I wanted to give it a try. I thought I would have no problem keeping up with the class but ended up having to sit through most of it. Afterwards, I was so so sore but definitely hooked.

You moved 20-25 minutes outside of Loveland a few years ago, yet you still come to ryde, sometimes at 5:30am...why? What keeps you driving out our way to ryde with us?

After living in Loveland for over 20 years, I moved to the Mt. Lookout area exactly 2 years ago but have never stopped working out at Power Ryde. I absolutely love the family atmosphere and awesome workouts! I have explored other classes closer to my new home, but they do not even come close to all that Power Ryde has to offer. I love all the instructors and the friends I have made at Power Ryde.

I know you are a runner and have run several marathons and half-marathons. How has Power Ryde helped your running?

After a long break, I began running again and ran the Flying Pig Half Marathon and the Queen Bee Half-Marathon in 2018 and several other races. Power Ryde has been a great cross training workout that has allowed me to get the cardio I need to run long distances but I do not feel all the wear and tear. Plus, cycle classes are so much more fun that those long Saturday morning runs!

Do you have a favorite moment that you remember at Power Ryde?

My favorite moment at Power Ryde was attending a 5:30 am class on my 50th birthday. I left feeling so great and proud of myself and determined make my 50s my fittest decade yet!

What is your favorite music to ryde to?

I love to ride to music of the 70s and 80s and I really love to workout to Earth Wind and Fire and Prince. But I also enjoy classes with current music so I can show my college-aged boys I know what's up.

Tell us a fun fact about your yourself.

A fun fact... I love Cincinnati but am equally passionate about South Carolina. My husband Rich and I visit frequently and have purchased land and will someday soon have a second home in the Palmetto State.

What motivates you?

What motivates me... I have just begun the 'empty nest" years and am determined to live life to the fullest. I have given all that I can to my boys but am ready to see what this next stage of life has to offer.

When you are not Power Ryding, what can we find you doing?

When I am not Power Ryding, you can find me running or walking my two dogs in Ault Park. And, after many years as a stay at home mom, I have begun working again part-time and have been volunteering with kindergartners and first graders at Wesley Chapel Mission Center; an after school program in OTR.

Copied!
^TOP
close
ModalContent
loading gif