Skip to Main Content

Who Brought the POWER in August (2018)?

Back To Blog
Sep 2, 2018
Polaroid style picture of Paula and Barkley with 'Who Brought the POWER in August'?

Paula Blatt and Barkley Young

As a mother-daughter run studio, we love when moms and daughters come and ryde together. I grew up going to fitness classes with my mom, so there is nothing I love more than seeing other mothers and daughters bonding over fitness!

Paula and Barkley have been ryding with us for well over a year now and they always come into the studio with huge smiles on their faces. And those smiles are still on their faces when they leave the studio after class. You can tell they truly enjoy hanging out together, ryding together, and being together. And after you read their answers to the below questions (which they answered separately), you will believe the saying, "Like mother, like daughter." These ladies are two peas in a pod and we couldn't be happier to have them as clients and friends; way to go ladies!!

What brought you to Power Ryde?

Paula - I have some back issues and realized I needed some type of exercise to help with it. My daughter talked me into trying Power Ryde and I've been hooked ever since!

Barkley -  It was time to make some changes to better myself and make time for myself. My Mom and I do everything thing together, so I forced her to come with me. << I love this because I used to do the same with my mom!

Do you remember your first ryde and how you felt after? What has kept you coming back for more week after week?

P - How could I ever forget my first class; my bottom hurt for weeks!!! Honestly I didn't know if I could do it but with my daughter alongside, encouraging me, kept me going. I remember thinking it's got to get better and it did.

B - I didn’t know if we would ever be able to master the bike, but each class got better, we became stronger, and we fell in love with POWER RYDE!!!

Why do you ryde at Power Ryde?

P - Everyone is so nice and willing to help. I love that Meg and Casey are always holding a fundraiser for someone either involved at Power Ryde or in the community; they're lucky to have you Meg and Casey!

B - The positive energy is contagious!!! Casey, Meg, the instructors, and other riders are all so welcoming and friendly, we’re treated like friends/family. 

What do you like most about ryding with one another?

P -  I'm so fortunate to have a daughter to exercise with. And now I have my daughter-in-law ryding with us! We don't always get to go to the same class times because of our varying schedules...I miss that...but having Barkley beside me, watching her, motivates me.

B - Ryding with my Mom is so much fun! We really encourage, support, and motivate each other. Having her there pushes me to be better... than her Haha!

^^I love that they answered these separately yet their answers are basically the same; they love ryding together to motivate, encourage, and push one another to try harder...amazing!

What did you do for fitness prior to Power Ryde?

P -  I use to only walk but now I only ryde!

B - I haven’t done anything regularly for awhile, it was time to get back into shape!

What goals has Power Ryde helped you achieve?

P - Power Ryde has made me stronger, inside and out, and has helped me keep off some weight that I had lost. So I hope I stick to it.

B - It has made me physically and mentally stronger. I am so proud of us for sticking with it!!!! 

What goals are you hoping to achieve in 2018?

P - My ongoing goal is to try and get to Power Ryde more often than I do.

B - I hope to continue sticking with this workout regimen that I have grown to need and LOVE!!!!

Do you have a favorite moment that you remember at Power Ryde?

P - Recently my daughter and daughter-in-law talked me into an Off The Bike class. They wouldn't take no for an answer; I still haven't forgiven them, lol! <

B - She may hate me for this, but my sister-in-law, Sierra, no rydes with us. Sierra lost a shoe during the last sprint of her first class, it went flying into the row behind us Hahaha! Another favorite moment is taking Stephanie’s Off The Bike class for the first time...we couldn’t walk for a week!!!

What is your favorite music to ryde to?

P - 70's and 80's (showing my age).

B - POP, anything I can bounce around to. 

Tell us a fun fact about your yourself.

P -  I teach first grade which can be exhausting but fun. I have a lot of funny stories I could tell you!

B - I have 7-year-old twin boys!!!! 

What motivates you?

P - My family, they keep telling me how proud they are of me for sticking with Power Ryde; it makes me feel so good about myself.

B - My Family and being a positive role model for my boys. 

When you are not Power Ryding, what can we find you doing?

P - Spending time with my family. During the summer I spend a lot of time with my 7-year-old twin grandsons, which I miss terribly now that school has started.

B - Spending time with my family and friends.

Awesome work ladies! The thing I love most is how both of your answers are almost identical. We love having you two as clients, friends, and family. The camaraderie between the two of you is amazing; keep up the hard work! 

Copied!
^TOP
close
ModalContent
loading gif