Skip to Main Content

Who Brought the POWER in April (2019)?

Back To Blog
Apr 29, 2019
Anne Neuville in front of chalk PowerRyde logo

Anne Neuville

Anne has been ryding with us since the very beginning, 2013! She's even in all of our original photos that we had taken for the studio...and she hasn't changed one bit! She still rydes in the front row, she still has a huge smile on her face as she rydes, and she still works harder than ever!

Anne is everyone's biggest cheerleader and she motivates us all as much as she says we motivate her.

The most inspiring thing about Anne, recently, is she just came back from a hip and knee replacement. Yep, she had her opposite hip and knee replaced eight weeks ago and she has been back ryding with us for several weeks. So, if you are looking for some inspiration, some pep, someone to push you to be your best you, come hang out and ryde with Anne! At the very least she will make you laugh and put a smile on your face!

What brought you to Power Ryde?

I first came to Power Ryde in 2013. I had been spinning for years and had gotten kind of bored with it. I was at LA Fitness in Erin Lawry’s class and we talked about me wanting something a little different. She told me she taught at a place called Power Ryde and I should try it. It took me about a month to get the nerve and in July of 2013 I attended my first class. I have never looked back!!!

Do you remember your first ryde and how you felt after? What has kept you coming back for more week after week, for the last 6 years?!

I was a bit overwhelmed after my first ryde. As I said, I had spun for years but couldn’t keep the handle bars steady! I remember Meg telling me, as she stood next to me getting on the Power Ryde bike, “Nobody has ever fallen off.” I tell that to every new rider I meet because it gives you confidence that you aren’t going to fall off these swaying bikes!

What goals are you hoping to achieve in 2019?

As you know, I have had a surgery this year so for me, getting back to the best version of me physically is my goal for 2019.

{For those who don't know, Anne had a hip and knee replacement, opposite legs, at once, 8 weeks ago, and she has been back ryding for several weeks now. AMAZING!}

Do you have a favorite moment that you remember at Power Ryde?

I cannot put my finger on my favorite moment because there are so many. The fundraisers are what I love about Power Ryde. You guys touch so many lives and the sense of community you've created is part of that. The Police Unity Ryde, the Danny O’Keefe Ryde (I may have a moment where I worry about myself with my arthritis issues, but when I ride behind him it puts it all in perspective), the JDRF Ryde that I just attended yesterday...I love all of these because they are a reminder of our purpose in life…to help others. Power Ryde exemplifies this. It’s a business, yes, but it is always trying to help others.

What is your favorite music to ryde to?

I LOVE the music choices at PR. That is what makes you work harder. I mostly prefer the 70’s, 80’s, Rock and Funk.

Tell us a fun fact about your yourself.

I really don’t think really think I have one other than I can’t burp. Never burped a day in my life. That’s not really fun...just weird!

What motivates you?

Positive energy. That’s why I think I love going to PR. There is sooooo much negative energy in this world now and I can come there, listen to music, be surrounded by positive people, and feel like a million bucks when I walk out. Someone once said to me, “Nobody ever regrets working out. You never walk out of a gym or class and say to yourself, ‘Gee, I really wish I hadn’t done that!’” 

When you are not Power Ryding, what can we find you doing?

I am now working at Ohio Valley Voices, the school in Loveland for the profoundly deaf. I am there three days a week. But what I am most passionate about is my family.

Copied!
^TOP
close
ModalContent
loading gif