Skip to Main Content

Instructor Spotlight

Back To Blog
Nov 3, 2018
Instructor Spotlight with picture of Erinn Whitehead

Erinn Whitehead

If you've been coming to Power Ryde since 2013, you definitely know Erinn Whitehead; she has been with us since the very beginning! But did you know Erinn actually taught our very first class ever? That's right; it was a Monday morning 6am class! She had been teaching "spinning" classes for years but never on our RealRyder bikes; we threw her up there and she crushed it!

Over the years Erinn has taught several different classes; early mornings, mid-mornings, afternoons, and evenings. So it is likely you've met her, seen her in class, or taken her class. But there is so much more to Erinn than just being a Power Ryde rockstar. So we asked her some questions. Keep reading to learn more about Erinn and this month, all of her classes are "Bring a Friend Free," meaning you can bring a friend with you who has not been to Power Ryde in the last 6 months (or is new to Power Ryde) and he/she rydes for FREE! So grab your buddies, check out the schedule, and sign up to get fit with friends!

Did you know these fun-facts about Erinn?

Mom of two, wife of one, sister to three and friend to many.

I have lived in 4 states and 8 houses.

I have been active my entire life. I ran high school cross country and track and my dad was my coach. I coached track and field myself for 10 years and may do so again...

15 years ago I decided to go another direction with my career and got into health and fitness; one of my best decisions ever!

Why do you love teaching at Power Ryde?

Wow, so many reasons! I was first so excited to be part of a whole new fitness experience in Cincinnati.

The community is amazing, the members energize me,and the vision of Meg and Casey to give back inspires me (community service is one of my passions)!

I am normally an introvert and teaching allows my alter-ego to come out!

What is your favorite music to Ryde to?

I’m a child of the 80's and the alternative movement so I love the off-beat, but I also love hard-core music with a great beat that forces you to work.

What do you want your members to come away with after leaving your class?

I want them sweating, panting, and wanting to come back for me.

What is a little known fact about you?

I was actually in a "Women of Ohio State" charity calendar a LONG, LONG time ago....

Copied!
^TOP
close
ModalContent
loading gif