Skip to Main Content

August's Instructor of the Month

Stephanie Sedra Instructor of the Month

Stephanie Sedra

Every few months we do an Instructor Spotlight series where you can learn a little bit more about your favorite Power Ryde instructors and what they are doing when they are not on the bike cheering you on! You ALSO get ONE FREE CLASS with that instructor that month. This month, we are spotlighting our firecracker, Stephanie. All month long you get ONE FREE class with Stephanie and after that, you can pay a discounted rate of just $10 to ryde in her class! 

So who is Stephanie Sedra? Well certainly if you are a morning ryder you have either taken her class or seen her around the studio. Not only is Stephanie busy finding new music and teaching Power Ryde classes, but she also enjoys running (she just ran a half-marathon, woot woot!), teaching strength classes, AND she is a mom to three. So yes, Steph is busy, busy, busy...which translates into her wanting to give you the best workout she can in 45-minutes because EFFICIENCY ROCKS! But there is more to Stephanie that her smile, infectious energy, and killer arms. So we sat down with her (actually, I emailed her) and asked her some fun questions so you all can get to know her better!

Keep reading to learn more about Steph and TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR FREE CLASS WITH HER IN AUGUST!

When did you start Power Ryding and what made you want to become an instructor?

I first came to Power Ryde in 2013 because I wasn't enjoying the cycling classes at my local gym. I am not going to lie, I wasn't in love the first few times, it was challenging and frankly very humbling even though I had been cycling for years beforehand. Just like Casey & Meg say, it does get "easier" after a few classes and I finally figured out the bike and started having fun.

I became an instructor because I really enjoy motivating others, challenging my own fitness levels and sharing my passion for exercise with others. I love that this one part of my day I get to focus on one thing, instructing an awesome class. Above all, I love the feeling that people are looking forward to seeing me, Stephanie; not mom, wife, daughter etc. Knowing that others work their days around coming to my classes makes me want to make it worth it for them.

When you're not ryding or teaching what do you enjoy doing?

I really enjoy cooking, when my kids leave me alone in the kitchen is even better. I am a foodie, so of course I love dining and checking out new places, especially if they advertise organics, dairy-free and other alternatives. I LOVE a good book and discussing it among my friends in one of my 3 (yes, but one group doesn't read them) book clubs. Wine and friends, I do love my wine and friends. Haha

Tell us a fun fact about yourself.

I have no idea what is interesting, haha. I wish I was taller, 5'4 means that I am an inch too tall for petites and 3 inches too short for regular length. Therefore, every pair of jeans, skirts or dresses have to be hemmed (which I don't know how to do). Thank goodness I prefer "athleisure" wear.

What is your favorite music to play in class? What is your favorite "activity" to do on the bike?

I pretty much like everything you hear on the radio; remixes when I need them. Hills, sprints, I love them all. Lately I've been enjoying doing abdominal crunches on the bike!

What do you want students to take away from your class?

I want everyone to think the class flew by, that it was hard work, and that they had fun doing it.

What motivates you?

I want to live a LONG time. I'm also motivated by the feeling I get when I'm done with a great workout...pure accomplishment. I want to stay a healthy weight, be strong, eat right and live to see a lot in my life.

Copied!
^TOP
close
ModalContent
loading gif