Skip to Main Content

Who's Bringing the POWER in June (2018)?

Back To Blog
Jun 18, 2018
Polaroid style picture of Steve Jackson with 'Who Brought the POWER in June'?

Steve Jackson

With Father's Day in the air, we couldn't think of anything better than highlighting one of our Power Ryding Papas! Steve Jackson is a front-row regular who has completed just over 400 classes since he started ryding with us back in early 2015! If you don't know Steve (or haven't heard us call him out in class...we all seem to pick on him a little too much sometimes...sorry Steve!), then you've certainly seen him ryding to the right of the instructor bike in his long-sleeves/hoodie. Yes, that's right, Steve comes dressed in extra clothes, ready to sweat extra hard! 

Steve is not the only Jackson family member who rydes. He has successfully brought his entire family to the studio to ryde. This father of three can often be seen ryding with one of his kids in class; and there is nothing we love more than a family that rydes together!

Way to go Mr. Jackson; keep up the hard work and we will see you in the front row soon!

What brought you to Power Ryde?

Honestly, I have always enjoyed biking and found it hard to get to the bike trail as often as I’d like. I needed a way to stay in shape and that's when I found Power Ryde. That was three years ago and I haven’t stopped coming since!

Do you remember your first ryde and how you felt after? What has kept you coming back for more week after week?

I don’t remember much except feeling awkward that I couldn’t control the bike; I realized it was a great workout and lots of fun! I continue to come back because it’s a great workout, but also because of Casey, Meg, the instructors, and all the folks that ryde at Power Ryde; it’s like a big family.

Why do you ryde at Power Ryde?

Well, I still want to stay in shape, but it’s just as much because of the people/other ryders. I’ve ridden at those fancier places when traveling for work. I went to one that had three kinds of water (really?), but Casey and Meg make you feel at home. Everyone welcomes new ryders and has a great time. It’s more than just a workout, it’s fun. 

What did you do for fitness prior to Power Ryde?

I was in the Air Force for 22 years and always had to work out. Knee issues meant no more running. I needed something with less impact and Power Ryde fits the bill.

What goals has Power Ryde helped you achieve?

It definitely helps me take better care of myself; I’m 52 so I need all the help I can get. I also have enjoyed the Whole 30 Program which taught me how to eat better, take better care of myself, and become more conscious of the foods I put into my body.

What goals are you hoping to achieve in 2018?

I need to get on a regular schedule of cycling and make better choices of what I eat. Work makes it hard some weeks since I travel a lot. So I want to make sure I am taking full advantage of ryding when I am in town.

Do you have a favorite moment that you remember at Power Ryde?

Kim’s ryde last week before her surgery was very cool! But my favorite was probably Julia’s Super Bowl ryde this year. She played music from all the half-time acts over the years and I actually studied with flash cards...I probably won’t do that again as Julia is on to me now!

What is your favorite music to ryde to?

I like everything...I don’t really have a favorite, but I like things I can sing along too (at least in my head).

Tell us a fun fact about your yourself.

In my Air Force career I flew every First Lady, Vice President, Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense, and Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff from the Clinton Administration up to my retirement on 2011 in President Obama’s first term. I also had the honor of flying Air Force One with President Bush (43) on a trip to Italy.

What motivates you?

Casey motivates me… and just trying to do my best every day and be a positive person.

When you are not Power Ryding, what can we find you doing?

Probably working and traveling (I still fly and manage pilots). But on the nice days when I play hooky from Power Ryde, I am likely on the golf course!

Copied!
^TOP
close
ModalContent
loading gif