Skip to Main Content

Who Brought the POWER in May (2016)?

Polaroid style picture of Lauren Aiello with 'Who Brought the POWER in 'May'?

Lauren Aiello

From Day 1, Lauren has been a very dedicated and regular ryder; usually ryding at 7:30am on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. If she misses, she makes it up later in the week. Lauren has always given 110% each class. She started out ryding predominately in the saddle...for months. This is 100% okay; she was coming, working up a sweat, and in return still getting a great workout in the saddle (see - sitting down is ok!). But as of recently, every time I look at Lauren, she is standing! She is now shaking the bike side-to-side, standing to sprint, standing to climb hills...she has become a beast out of the saddle. So there is no question she was going to be our Student of the Month for May!

Outside of Power Ryde, Lauren is very involved with the Loveland Food Pantry and the Loveland Breakfast Club which benefits children from the Loveland Primary, Elementary and Middle Schools (she even hosted a FUNdraising Ryde back in January for the Breakfast Club!). If that's not enough, she and some other ladies have recently come together to provide food and life skills for underprivileged Loveland students during the Summer. AMAZING. Keep reading to learn more about Lauren, why she rydes at Power Ryde, and everything she is doing to help the Loveland community!

What brought you to Power Ryde?

I had seen the Groupon offers previously, and thought the leaning RealRyder bikes seemed much more appealing than a stationary spin class. Even though I had never done a spin class, I had owned a stationary bike and found it monotonous.

Do you remember your first ryde? How did you feel? What kept you coming back for more?

Apr 7, 2015- Ursuline was on Spring Break, so I convinced my daughter, Kristyn, a UA student, to try it with me. We showed up right at the start time, instead of 15 min. early, to one of Casey’s classes, and Meg tried to get us set up quickly. I’m short, so the settings weren’t quite good for me, so I was rather sore, as was Kristyn, but I had a feeling if I got the settings right, I could enjoy it. It felt good to complete each class, even though I couldn’t stand as often or as long as others in class, and, over time, I noticed positive changes in my shape, and my energy level was improving.

Why do you ryde at Power Ryde?

It’s almost addictive for me now. I feel good, I’m stronger, I look better, and I look forward to classes. Casey and Meg help you feel right at home, and the instructors are all helpful and positive. Other ryders have been very supportive of my progress as well, and given me tips when I’ve said a particular muscle group was sore, or I was struggling with some moves. I also like how Casey and Meg support so many great causes in our community with FUNdraiser rydes.

What did you do for fitness prior to Power Ryde?

I would run, walk, use the treadmill or elliptical, and do Les Mills Body Pump at home.

What goals has Power Ryde helped you achieve?

Now I have a fitness routine I can stick to, I’m slimming down, getting stronger, and encouraging others to do the same. My doctor told me I’m in great health.

What goals are you hoping to achieve in 2016?

I plan to lose 20-25 pounds, keep ryding, and clean out lots of clutter from our house!

Do you have a favorite moment that you remember at Power Ryde?

Actually, two: The FUNdraiser Ryde I held in January to benefit The Breakfast Club and LIFE Food Pantry, and, just last week I was able to stand for ALMOST all the standing parts of Casey's class! I’m getting there! (

What is your favorite music to ryde to?

Most of the music is enjoyable to me, although I’m not a fan of a lot of techno-music. When Erin L. or Amy S. plays older music like Billy Joel or songs my son Nick listens to, like the Killers, or Casey plays my requested Ben Rector’s Brand New, it is energizing. But I’ve come to enjoy others too, like DNCE’s Cake by the Ocean.

Tell us a fun fact about your yourself.

My husband tells me I have over 40,000 family pictures on our hard drive - so I think I have another addiction!

What motivates you?

Wanting to stay strong and healthy, to be a good role model for my family, and seeing them take an interest in their own health. I’m inspired by people who always keep learning and who want to make a positive difference by the way they live their lives and how they help those around them.

When you are not Power Ryding, what can we find you doing?

During the school year, I help kindergarten reading students improve their reading and writing skills and develop a love for reading. I also organize volunteers and food for The Breakfast Club, a program the LIFE Food Pantry, to provide breakfast to kids on the free- and reduced-lunch plans at LPS, LES, and LIS, and this coming year, at LMS, too. This summer, I’m helping organize volunteers for NEST’s Summer Lunch-in-the-Park program with Freestore Foodbank to provide free lunch Mon-Fri in Robinson Park in Loveland. I also enjoy taking pictures at our kids’ sporting events and at family occasions. The rest of the time it’s running the household, driving my daughter (Carissa) to events, family time, & night-time walks with my husband and our dog, Vito

What did I tell you? Lauren is not only an inspiration on the bike at Power Ryde, but also outside of the studio in the Loveland community! If you would like more information on how you can help Lauren with the Food Pantry, the Breakfast Club, or NEST, just let us know and we will connect you with her!

Copied!
^TOP
close
ModalContent
loading gif