Skip to Main Content

Who Brought the POWER in May (2015)?

Back To Blog
Jul 11, 2015
Polaroid style picture of Leigh Anne Meurer with 'Who Brought the POWER in May'?

Leigh Anne Meurer

Ever wonder who our most frequent Power Ryder is? Here is your answer - Leigh Anne Meurer. For those of you who know Leigh Anne, this is not a surprise. For those of you who don't know Leigh Anne - she comes to the morning classes, usually M-F. Even though Leigh Anne is an AMAZING Power Ryder (I mean, have you seen how fast her legs go?) she still sits in the back of the room, under the fan (but, we are working on getting her to the front row!). Leigh Anne has attended 280+ Power Ryde classes in just over a year and a half. This alone is impressive, but more impressive is the fact that outside of Power Ryde, Leigh Anne may be one of the busiest moms ever - even though both her kids are out of high school, she still coaches cheerleading, helps out with school fundraising events and heads many charities…oh, and she still finds time to get to Power Ryde 4-5 times a week…AMAZING!

I have known Leigh Anne for years and have gotten to know her even more over the past year and a half. The fact that we are just now nominating her for Student of the Month, embarrasses me. The classes she has attended are just a number. Leigh Anne deserves this recognition for so many reasons - her welcoming smile, her positive attitude, her great sense of humor, and the energy she brings to each and every Power Ryde class. I mean seriously, does Leigh Anne ever have a bad day? If so, she doesn't let it show. She always shows up with a ready-to-go attitude that is infectious.

What brought you to Power Ryde?

What brought me to Power Ryde was the love and respect that I have for the Hilmer family!

Tell us about your first Power Ryde class. Was it hard, challenging, fun? What kept you coming back after that first class?

My first experience was challenging but inspiring. I saw all shapes and sizes...all ages...all different levels of fitness ...all enjoying the same "Ryde!" Leigh Anne also mentions that it took her a good six times to come out of the saddle, to shake the bike, and to feel in control of the bike. She often tells new Power Ryders, not to feel defeated after their first class. The bike can be intimidating, but if you keep with it, you too will master it and love it!

Why do you ryde at Power Ryde?

I ryde at Power Ryde because it is a quality, intense workout that offers lots of challenges while having lots of fun with great music and new-found friends that share the same fitness interests.

What did you do for fitness prior to Power Ryde?

Prior to Power Ryde, I did the fastest pace walk that I could do on the highest elevation grade on a treadmill....for an hour. Boring, boring, boring; with very little results!!!!

What goals has Power Ryde helped you achieve?

Power Ryde has help me strengthen my body overall. Starting with new-found strength in my core, I am branching out to increase my strength over more areas.

What goals are you hoping to achieve in 2015?

My goal for 2015 is to expose as many people as I can to the benefits and fun of Power Ryde.

What is your favorite music to ryde to?

My favorite music to ryde to is anything with an "old school funk" undertone.

Tell us a fun fact about yourself.

As a former youth, high school, and collegiate cheerleader.....I love using some of the music that I hear at Power Ryde for routines for the cheerleaders that I now coach. Whoop! Whoop!

Leigh Anne didn't mention this, I thought this would be her fun fact for sure, she is also obsessed with Q102's Second Date Update (as are all the 8:30/9:30 mamas!). In fact, Leigh Anne will sit in her car and listen while we set up her bike. She then comes in to tell us all what happened…we really need to get a radio at Power Ryde!

What motivates you?

What motivates me is the desire to take care of my body so that it can perform at the age that I feel.....much younger than I am!!!

When you are not Power Ryding, what can we find you doing?

When I am not Power Ryding, I am coaching cheerleading, volunteering at the schools, working for non-profit charity organizations....and a boat load of other stuff!

Awesome job, Leigh Anne! You inspire all of us at Power Ryde and we love seeing your name on the class list each and every day!

Copied!
^TOP
close
ModalContent
loading gif