Skip to Main Content

Who Brought the Power in May (2014)?

Tracy Wheatley in front of PowerRyde banner

Tracy Wheatley!

Tracy has been Power Ryding since June 2013. While searching online one day for a new and different workout, she stumbled upon Power Ryde's website. She decided to give our RealRyder bikes a try and has never looked back. At first, Tracy admits, it was a love-hate relationship; the side-to-side sway of the bikes was hard work, but the workout itself was rewarding! Almost a year in, Tracy says it is all love - no hate - she loves the ryde!

Why do you ryde at Power Ryde?

I get the best workout at Power Ryde. It’s instructor-led and just 45-minutes! It works so many parts of the body. I feel like it’s personal training on a bike. I’ve never felt challenged enough in the gym where my limits aren’t pushed by someone. Here, you have someone basically providing the workout for you - all you do is show up and work hard. The instructors are encouraging and full of energy. They will give you a guaranteed workout (and they make it fun too). I also like the ease of scheduling my rydes online. Signing up is my “commitment” – I require myself to be there… there’s no “I’m too tired tonight so I’m going to skip the gym.” I’m to the point now that it’s the one thing I look forward to (besides my family). There is such a strong sense of accomplishment during and after my rydes, knowing that I am always striving to improve and go a little further each time. It’s one of the toughest things I do physically, but I have fun and enjoy the experience.

What did you do for fitness before Power Ryde?

I am a member at Ideal Fitness. I’ve also done P90X workouts in the past and do them on a random basis.

What goals has Power Ryde helped you achieve?

Power Ryde has helped me achieve exercise (endurance) goals that I didn’t really attain with other workout programs and I feel better mentally and physically.

What goals are you hoping to achieve in the second half of 2014?

I ryde twice a week right now but I am hoping to increase that to three times on weeks that permit. I would also like to connect more with other Power Ryders. I work out of my home, so it would be nice to connect with others for fitness goals, tips, motivation, etc.

What is your favorite music to ryde to? Are there any songs you would like to hear in class?

Pink is my all-time favorite artist to ryde to! I also like 80s rock! I’d like to hear some Black Eyed Peas in class – "Pump It" is always a good one, "Imma Be," and "The Time/Dirty Bit."

Outside of Power Ryde, what motivates you?

My husband and my daughters. I have twin 6-yr-old girls that I gotta keep up with! :) I want to continue to make them proud and continue to inspire them – they motivate me and keep me going. I want to prove that hard work and determination pays off.

When you're not at Power Ryde, what can we find you doing?

I love outdoor activities, even in the winter. My family goes to Perfect North Slopes for tubing (and I occasionally ski).  In the summer I enjoy time at the parks, the bike trail, or the pool.  It’s a great way to enjoy family and the sunshine!

Tracy's Power Ryde experience is like many of our ryders' experiences. She is a working mom with lots going on, yet she still finds 45-minutes in her day to come cycle, sweat, and strengthen with us. Remember, to be the best version of yourself, you have to make the time to do something for yourself; to renew your energy, release any stress, and just smile! Keep up the great work Tracy! We always love having your energy in the front row!

Copied!
^TOP
close
ModalContent
loading gif