Skip to Main Content

Who Brought the Power in June?

Back To Blog
Jul 12, 2014
Polaroid style picture of Jamie Alley and PowerRyde banner with 'Who Brought the POWER in June'?

Jamie Alley!

Jamie hasn't been Power Ryding for a long time, only about 6 weeks, but she is already a pro and part of our Power Ryde family. In fact, in one of her first classes, Jamie earned the Gold Star (a coveted award given each and every Monday at 8:30am to the ryder who worked the hardest). She has also ridden many doubles and rocked the instructor stand. It is no wonder why Jamie was an obvious choice for June's Member Spotlight! 

Why do you ryde at Power Ryde?

Why not? It is so much fun! It's like a party instead of work but a crazy workout, and I love every minute of it!

What did you do for fitness prior to Power Ryde?

I was a runner training to run a marathon, but unfortunately, I hurt my hip and was inactive for a few months. Everything I tried bothered my hip, but now I'm back in action!

What goals has Power Ryde helped you achieve?

Since I've been a part of Power Ryde I have gained 8 lbs in muscle! Crazy huh?! And I've been eating better so I've noticed a slim down as well as more strength! Can't wait to try paleo!

^^^I personally LOVE that Jamie is proud of her muscle gain. Read that ladies! Spinning doesn't make you fat. It makes you strong, fit and fierce!

Any goals you are hoping to achieve in 2014?

Yes! Once you achieve your goals you can set new ones! I am excited to try the paleo diet and see a new healthier me! I'm going to have those crazy abs I've always wanted! 

What is your favorite music to ryde to?

Mmm...anything that gets me really pumped up. I can't think of stuff right off the top of my head. Definitely music from Casey's classes!

Are there any songs you would like to hear in class?

Katy Perry-Birthday! Love that song!

Tell us a fun fact about yourself:

I was born in Germany and lived there for a couple years. I just graduated from college with an associate's degree in applied science of Radiologic Technology.

What motivates you?

Good music, great people, and seeing the changes that have already taken place. It's amazing how far you can go when you push yourself. You'll never know until you try! And honestly, Casey Hilmer motivates the hell outta me! :)

When you're not at Power Ryde, what can we find you doing?

Why wouldn't I be at Power Ryde?! Probably cuz it's closed. If I'm not at Power Ryde, you can find me either at work, soaking up some sun outside, or making something delicious in the kitchen.

^^^Sounds like Jamie might have to make our next post-ryde treat!

Way to go Jamie! Your energy in class is always OFF THE CHARTS! You go hard on the sprints and heavy on the hills. You are an inspiration to all of our Power Ryders. Keep up the hard work!

Copied!
^TOP
close
ModalContent
loading gif