Skip to Main Content

Who Brought the POWER in July (2016)?

Polaroid style picture of Holly Von Sossan with 'Who Brought the POWER in July'?

Holly Von Sossan

Many of you may not know Holly and that's because she is very new to Power Ryde. Holly is a student at UD who is in town for Summer. She came to Power Ryde for the first time on New Year's morning, when she was in town visiting. She started coming back to Power Ryde this past June. I can still remember the day she called and bought the Student Summer Unlimited package...a new ryder, buying an unlimited pass!

Since then, Holly has come almost every day, sometimes ryding in a double...either two classes back-to-back OR one early morning and one at night (going to work in-between!). So when people say they don't have time to workout, Holly definitely proves that we all have time, we just need to make the time!

What brought you to Power Ryde?

I learned about Power Ryde when looking up spin studios in the Loveland area. I always enjoyed spinning, and when I learned about the RealRyder bikes that Power Ryde has, I thought I would love it even more!

Do you remember your first ryde? How did you feel? What kept you coming back for more?

My first ride was actually on New Year's Day. I decided to give one of the classes a shot since I was in the area. I felt awesome after the workout and knew that if I had the chance I would definitely go back!

Why do you ryde at Power Ryde?

I've ridden at Power Ryde since the beginning of June and I continue to ryde so much because I love the energy there. I always feel great after the workouts, and not only that, but the friendly faces I'm greeted with everyday complete the experience.

What did you do for fitness prior to Power Ryde?

Prior to Power Ryde I was doing group personal training and outdoor biking and running.

What goals has Power Ryde helped you achieve?

Ryding at Power Ryde this summer has helped me increase my strength and endurance. Thinking back to my first few classes I can't believe how much I have achieved. When I did two classes back-to-back for the first time I was amazed that I could actually handle it!

What goals are you hoping to achieve in 2016?

In 2016 I am hoping to continue building upon the foundation that Power Ryde has set for me this Summer. I was excited to go to class everyday and hope that I can continue to keep up that energy in my workouts.

Do you have a favorite moment that you remember at Power Ryde?

My favorite moment at Power Ryde was my first class; Meg and Casey were both so welcoming I knew I would love going there after day one.

What is your favorite music to ryde to?

Anything that is upbeat and fun!

Tell us a fun fact about your yourself.

Fun fact: I have completed four half-marathons in the past few years! 

What motivates you?

I think it is hard to find motivation in the Summer when I have more free time and want to enjoy the nice weather. Going to Power Ryde has kept me motivated. Working out in a group setting helps and all of the instructors are super motivating!

When you are not Power Ryding, what can we find you doing?

When I'm not Power Ryding I am probably hanging out with my friends and family...or binge watching reality TV.

Way to go Holly! We will be so sad when the Summer ends and you go back to school!

Copied!
^TOP
close
ModalContent
loading gif