Skip to Main Content

Who brought the POWER in July (2015)?

Polaroid style picture of Don Catalfu and Beau Harvey with 'Who Brought the POWER in 'July'?

Don Catalfu and Beau Harvey

Nestlé co-workers, best friends, and now Power Ryde companions. When Don and Beau first came to Power Ryde, I knew I liked them; Don's daughter attended the University of Michigan (Go Blue!) and Beau always hooted and hollered when I asked Who was ready to ryde! From being fan-hogs in the back row, to rocking the front-row bikes, these two have become part of our Power Ryde family. The camaraderie between the two of them is amazing and they always make my job WAY MORE FUN! In fact, when one of them isn't in class I find myself asking where the other is. …This will get even harder here soon as Don is taking on a new adventure with Nestlé in Solon, Ohio. Everyone at Power Ryde will miss his energy and enthusiasm…but don't worry Don, we will make sure Beau still brings his A-game to Power Ryde!

Don Catalfu

What brought you to Power Ryde?

Our company, Nestlé is all about nutrition, health and wellness. The company sponsored weekly Nestlé Power Ryde classes for our employees. Many of us fell in love with the workout. We also have enjoyed getting to know Casey and Meg, they make everybody feel welcome and do a great job keeping it fun!!! I recommend this for any company out there that wants to encourage a healthy work force.

Do you remember your first ryde? How did you feel? What kept you coming back for more?

Tired, sweaty, sore, exhilarated and a sense of accomplishment. What a great work out! 

Why do you ryde at Power Ryde?

The sense of accomplishment and well-being that I feel after each ryde. There is also a great community and family feel.

What did you do for fitness prior to Power Ryde?

Weight training and daily cardio. Power Ryde provides me an opportunity to mix up my workouts!

What goals has Power Ryde helped you achieve?

Better endurance and weight maintenance.

What goals are you hoping to achieve in 2015?

Staying healthy, and finding a Power Ryde facility in the new city we are moving to. 

What is your favorite music to ryde to?

Rock and Roll, 70’s and 80’s!

Tell us a fun fact about yourself.

I've worked for Nestlé for 30 years and I'm an avid Buffalo Bills fan!

What motivates you?

People who bring passion and energy to whatever they choose to do. Casey is definitely one of those people!

When you are not Power Ryding, what can we find you doing?

Working relaxing and eating good food (another key reason I have to keep Power Ryding!).

Beau Harvey

What brought you to Power Ryde?

I work for Nestlé & they are a big supporter of their employees' Health & Wellness. We were able to put together a Nestlé spinning class for our office to entice everyone to get in shape!

Do you remember your first ryde? How did you feel? What kept you coming back for more?

My first ryde was sort of like torture…I think I stood up on the bike for a total of 5 minutes….The thing I remember most is being thoroughly exhausted, and wondering how anyone could do this on a regular basis. I returned because I was determined to stand on that bike for more than 5 minutes…and it just took off from there. <---See, consistency and hard work do pay off!

Why do you ryde at Power Ryde?

I really enjoy the instructors. They keep you thoroughly motivated during tough, but fun, workouts…and I have also met some fantastic “Ryders” as well….Great group of motivating folks all around! (And it’s right across street from where I work!)

What did you do for fitness prior to Power Ryde?

I was a runner until a few years ago, then my knees and back started giving me problems and I had to quit running after 20+ years.

What goals has Power Ryde helped you achieve?

Power Ryde helped me regain the workout/motivation I used to get from my love of running. I tried other workouts but nothing did it for me, and I was beginning to wonder if I would find the “High” I always got from running. Then I started Power Ryding…and I'm glad to say I found it!

What goals are you hoping to achieve in 2015?

Maintain a minimum 3 Power Ryde classes a week…and to sometime this year out spin Casey!! (If just for 2 minutes)

What is your favorite music to ryde to?

I love Rock and Roll & Alternative Music…I kid Casey that I’m bringing in some Rock & Roll music to expand her music horizons.

Tell us a fun fact about yourself.

My iPod has over 23,000 songs & I listen to Music 3+ hours every day. I have every genre you can think of, and I go to 10+ concerts a year with either my wife, daughters, or friends…basically anyone that will go with me.

What motivates you?

The aging process is what keeps me motivated to stay in decent shape….plus I don’t have great eating habits…workouts keep a nice balance with that!

When you are not Power Ryding, what can we find you doing?

Besides listening to music, I enjoy golfing & reading…(Huge Stephen King fan as I have read everything he has written).

Way to go, gentleman! Keep up the hard work and Don, hopefully you will be visiting your Power Ryde family often! 

Copied!
^TOP
close
ModalContent
loading gif