Skip to Main Content

Who brought the POWER in August (2014)?

Polaroid style picture of Allie Schlie and Sarah Miller with 'Who Brought the POWER in August'?

Allie Schlie and Sarah Miller

This month it was hard to choose just one Power Ryder to recognize for hard work, persistence, dedication, and determination. So, we decided to highlight two Power Ryders stories: Allie Schlie and Sarah Miller. You've all certainly seen their smiling faces around the studio once or twice, or more than 100 times! That's right, both Allie and Sarah have ridden over 100 times at Power Ryde IN LESS THAN A YEAR (holla!). Allie started with Power Ryde first, in September of 2013, and then she brought Sarah this past January. Since then, they have been a butt-kicking, Power Ryding, all-go duo!

Allie Schlie

What brought you to Power Ryde?

Mike Davenport brought me to Power Ryde. I was hooked that first morning!

Why do you ryde at Power Ryde?

I ryde for multitude of reasons. I love the positive energy at Power Ryde. Everyone does their best and encourages one another. I ryde to clear my head of the junk that gets built up. I ryde for the memory of my mom who I miss like crazy everyday. I ryde to get strong physically and mentally, both may save my life one day.

What did you do for fitness prior to Power Ryde?

Before power ryde I ran and rode my road bike. I also lifted weights and did the insanity workout. I still lift and do push-ups. I run about three days a week and use weighted jump ropes.

Allie says she does push-ups like it is no big deal. Let's be honest, Allie does over 100 push-up (and I believe crunches...???) EVERY SINGLE DAY!

What goals has Power Ryde helped you achieve? 

Power ryde has helped me get faster and leaner. I had my best fitness test ever at work after starting at Power Ryde.

Any goals you are hoping to achieve in 2014?

In 2014, I want to build on my foundation. I would like eventually complete a triathlon. 

What is your favorite music to ryde to? Are there any songs you would love to hear in class?

I'm an 80's kid so I like the big hair stuff but I love music in general. I tend to find inspiration in whatever plays. I've been exposed to and downloaded some great songs from classes. I would love to hear "That's the Only Way I Know" by Jason Aldean. It's country but it has a great beat and message.

Tell us a fun fact about yourself:

A fun fact about me is that I like to needlepoint.

For those of you who don't know, Allie is a Sargeant for the Blue Ash Police Department. So she carries guns, catches bad guys, and is an overall bada** (sorry for the expletive but I had to!). The fact that she needlepoints blows my mind and is SO COOL!

What motivates you?

I'm motivated by seeing those around me succeed and my nephew, Richie. He meets life's challenges with a grace that I wish I had. 

When you're not at Power Ryde, what can we find you doing?

If I'm not at Power Ryde I'm usually working [for the Blue Ash Police Department]. If I'm not at either of those places I stick close to home. I love to be around my family. I also like to read and build stuff.

Allie, lets not forget, you also like to clean...excessively (your words, not mine!).

Sarah Miller

What brought you to Power Ryde?

It was too cold and icy to run, so Allison Schlie said I should come to a class with her.

Why do you ryde at Power Ryde?

I like how the bikes give you a better workout than the regular spinning bikes, but I love the people I ryde with!

What did you do for fitness prior to Power Ryde?

I've done regular spinning, running, elliptical machine, and Insanity (that sucked!).

What goals has Power Ryde helped you achieve? 

I have lost pounds, inches and dress sizes and I look great!!

Sarah really does look AMAZING! I wish we had taken before and after pictures. She is a go-getter fo-sho!

Any goals you are hoping to achieve in 2014?

I would like to reach my healthy weight goal of 150!

What is your favorite music to ryde to? Are there any songs you would love to hear in class?

I like "Black Betty" by Ram Jam, "It's All About That Bass" by Meghan Trainor, "Dark Hourse" by Katy Perry, "Black Widow" by Iggy Azalea, and George Michael's "Freedom" (mostly because it's super long and I can sing to it!).

Because you know I'm all about that base, 'bout that base...!! Thanks, that song is now going to be stuck in my head as I finish writing this :)

Tell us a fun fact about yourself:

In high school I raced both sailboats and canoes. I even have a few trophies.... somewhere!

What motivates you?

My family does! I want to be stronger and healthier for them.

When you're not at Power Ryde, what can we find you doing?

Saving the fine people of the City of Blue Ash from the forces of evil with Sgt Schlie or hangin' with my family!

I'm sorry, while this is a very honorable answer, I can hear you saying it and I am laughing...actually, I am LOL-ing!

Copied!
^TOP
close
ModalContent
loading gif