Lemon, Dill, and Almond Green Beans
Back To Blog
May 28, 2014
- Lots of green beans (I used 2 pounds, because left-overs mean tomorrow's lunch!)
- 1/2 medium lemon (you will use zest and juice)
- 3 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 medium shallot minced
- 4 T chopped dill (more or less depending on how much you like this amazing herb)
- 1/4 C toasted sliced almonds (you can toast these yourself by placing them in a sauté pan over medium heat for 2 mins, until brown)
- small pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper
- In a large mixing bowl add: zest of half a lemon, minced shallot, chopped chives, 2T EVOO, pinch of salt, pinch of pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Mix ingredients together.
- Fill a medium pot with water. To the water add another pinch of salt, 1T EVOO, the juice from the half-lemon, and then throw squeezed lemon into the water as well (for extra flavor). Bring water to a boil.
- When the water comes to a boil, add the green beans.
- Let the green beans cook uncovered for about 5 mins (until bright green and crunchy).
- Remove green beans from the water and put them into the mixing bowl.
- Add the toasted almonds to the mixing bowl.
- Mix the almond and green beans with the other ingredients in the mixing bowl and enjoy!
- NOTE: This side-dish is good hot or cold!